Talkin’ Bout A Revolution

My view of the Democratic candidates

Postby BeerCur on Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:39 am

My view of the Democratic candidates:
Howard Dean - Yup, the screech, after coming in third after the Iowa caucus, will long be remembered, but not the man himself. To bad too. He's a interesting guy with thoughts and political will that would have made the primary battle, a war of ideas. Now he's delegated to the second tier, along with Al Sharpton, of big speakers without much chance of winning anything.

John Kerry - Yawn.... A great man, but when I hear him speak, Mr. President does not come to mind. He is too embroiled in politics, after over 20 years as a Senator. As a Flip-flop artiest, and a wiliness to sell his ideals to bargain for something he "really" believes in, he has to be commended. But as President who has to standup and make tough choices as the point man for one-third of the United States Federal government powers, I have my doubts. He also has to be able to project the image of don't f**k with us to the rest of the world and a willness to lead us to do what needs to be done. I will listen and make my final decision later, but as of now I just do not know he is the man to do anything but run the democrats in the Senate.

John Edwards - I like him. His stump speech is getting old though. Tell me again who is favor of children going to sleep hungry? Tell me again how he will rectify it? Tell me again how giving money chasing money will correct anything in this world if you do not have any moral conviction to draw on? The part about two America is compelling and I believe it, in my heart of hearts, to be true. Where is the plan, to change it? What can be done to improve the child's future in North Philly? Good platform but I'm waiting for it to be filled in.

Al Sharpton - Ummm, Tawana Brawley anyone? I don't like the guy, not even a little. However he can converse like no one else, in the field. And lets face it, he's an important cog in any Democratic appeal to the Blacks in this County to get out the vote. Besides that, I hope he stays in just for his one-liners against Bush politics and the man himself; although generally cheap shots.

Wesley Clark - First off I can't vote for a man named Wesley. Second if Kerry is a flip-flop artiest then Clark is someone who seems to never had a thought about politics in his life. One day he feels one way and the next day he's on the other side of the field. His views are debatable, and his appeal next to Kerry is minuscule.
BeerCur
Site Admin

Return to Politics / War / Social Issues

• VISITORS