¼ teaspoon of wheat gluten
1 teaspoon of sugar
Optional:
1 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon of salt

Makes to two crust.

Knead dough for a least 10 minutes

Split the dough into two even portions

Let rise in the refrigerator for 18 hours.

Pat, push, and stretch the dough until it's about 6 inches across. Toss in the air until it reaches around 12 inches. I'm not that good at the tossing aspect of pizza so after a few tosses I roll it out into a round shape with a beer bottle.

After it gets into the round shape take out the pizza stone that has been in a 500 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes, spread the stone with cornmeal, prevents sticking, put the dough on the stone and put the sauce on, nothing else, and cook for 3 minutes.

Take out the pizza crust and put it on a cutting board, at least that's what I do. Put the pizza stone back in to oven as you put the various ingredients on the pizza. I put the cheese on first then the toppings.

Take the pizza stone out again, slip the semi hard crust back on the pizza stone and cook for an additional 3 minutes.

Enjoy...

Sauce and cheese
I use DelGrosso Meatless sauce. About 3 tablespoonful spread out using a spoon
For cheese I was using mozzarella but I found I like the taste of a 4 cheese Mexican cheese better. Use about 1 cup of cheese per pizza.

Toppings
There is a produce market right down the street from me that has some incredible prices on vegetables. Unfortunately the stuff goes bad pretty quiet.

For green peppers I cut them into slices and freeze them. Cook them in the microwave for 1 minute toss them and cook them for another 1 minute in the microwave. 3lbs for $1.00.

Mushrooms you can do nothing but wash them off and stick them in a paper bag. They'll last about a week. 1lbs for $1.25.

For sausage I buy it in bulk cook it up, and then cut it into links. In order to use I simply take out a link, and using a sharp knife and slice and dice them while frozen. Cook in a microwave for 1 minute. 1lbs for $1.79.

All total for one pizza it cost about $0.70 and has about 1,000 calories.
BeerCur
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous

• VISITORS